TIMPVIEW 35, SPRINGVILLE 0: Britain Covey played a part in four Timpview touchdowns, handing Springville its first loss of the season.
LAYTON CHRISTIAN 9, NORTH SEVIER 7: Marquis Gibson's eight yard touchdown run in the third quarter gave LCA the two possession lead, which would hold in the narrow win over North Sevier.
SNOW CANYON 23, COPPER HILLS 21: Warner Rigby rushed for 82 yards, Trevor Horlacher rushed for 74 yards and a touchdown, and Zach Kennedy added 61 yards and a score as Snow Canyon eked out a narrow victory at winless Copper Hills.
COTTONWOOD 27, WEST JORDAN 9: Four Cottonwood defenders Jed Diederich, Tevita Havili, Jacob Latteier, and S.J. Fehoko intercepted passes to ignite the Colts to the road victory over West Jordan. T.J. Fehoko and Fua Pututau each recorded two sacks. Offensively, Cottonwood's Malu Hosea totaled 170 rushing yards, 49 receiving yards, and scored two touchdowns.
TIMPANOGOS 36, HILLCREST 0: Jack Dunford threw for three touchdowns, while Trayce Esteban added a pair of touchdowns to lift Timpanogos to the shutout victory over Hillcrest.
BOUNTIFUL 31, LAYTON 10: Ryan Curtis caught a 21-yard touchdown pass from Trevor Lloyd to give the Braves the second-half lead, then Houston Heimuli tacked on two more scores to secure the Bountiful victory.
BRIGHTON 41, HUNTER 20: Brighton's Osa Masina scored two rushing touchdowns in the Bengals' win over Hunter.
SKY VIEW 59, PROVO 14: Braxton Godderidge craft-fully guided the Sky View offense to a big win, passing 13 for 15 with 231 yards and three touchdowns in the Bobcats' win over Provo.
KANAB 63, WHITEHORSE 0: Brandon Southwick scored a pair of touchdowns for Kanab, including a 55-yard punt return in the lopsided road victory. Hadin Jones took a Whitehorse interception 33 yards for paydirt, and Merrill Terry finished with a rushing and passing TD for the visitors.
MONTICELLO 43, MONUMENT VALLEY 6: The Buckaroos scored 36 points in the first half and rolled to the win behind strong performances from Makade and Austin Maloy, who combined for five touchdowns and a field goal.
SOUTH SUMMIT 57, SUMMIT ACADEMY 6: Colby Averett rushed for 135 yards and two touchdowns on 11 carries and Ty Jones played a part in four different scoring plays as the Wildcats scored 35 points in the second quarter during the 2A North victory.
GUNNISON 41, AMERICAN LEADERSHIP 12: Gunnison's Dagan Thomas caught a 73-yard pass from Tyson Moosman to extend its lead coming out of halftime. Moosman finished with two passing scores in the victory. Jayden Rogers scored on a 35-yard run, and Gunnison picked up a big region win at home.
SAN JUAN 24, PAROWAN 0: Three different players found the back of the endzone for San Juan, including a 20-yard interception return by Brayden Giddings that put the game out of reach.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27