Ask the Mompreneur: How to break into angel investing
—Go it alone or join a group: Angel groups and venture funds can help you diversify and spread the risk, as can funds associated with business accelerators such as Women Innovate Mobile. But if you’re not ready to commit to an annual investment minimum, there are online groups such as AngelList and CircleUp that provide deal flow without any dollar commitment.
Finally, dig deep and get clear about what matters to you. This is your chance to put your money where your mouth is.
ABOUT THE WRITER
©2013 The Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C.)
Visit The Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C.) at www.charlotteobserver.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Insurance agents feeling left out of "Obamacare"
- Most US workers unprepared to meet retirement...
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1