Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — The FBI says Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis had a shotgun when he entered a building and got a handgun inside after he started firing.
Valerie Parlave, head of the FBI's field office in Washington, said Tuesday they don't have any information that he had an AR-15 assault rifle in his possession.
There has been conflicting information about the weapons Alexis used. Previously, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the gunman had two handguns he took from officers.
Parlave says Alexis arrived in the Washington area late last month and had been staying at local hotels in the days leading up to the shooting rampage that killed 12 people.
D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says officers with AR-15s arrived at the building within seven minutes of the call.
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious Liberty...
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 114
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 22
- California orders churches, others to... 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 18
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7