The rising costs of pharmaceutical drugs is a major concern for all Americans, but is especially worrisome to senior citizens. Congress needs to take action to pass prescription drug bills that are currently bottled up in committees which could save consumers billions of dollars. These bills seek to do three things: Place Medicare drugs out for bid; allow for the import of safe prescription drugs; and allow generic drugs to compete freely in the open market.
The Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2013 (S. 117) would allow Health and Human Services to be able to negotiate prices with drug companies. This would mean more affordable prescription prices for seniors for their medication.
Congress needs to act now on these beneficial prescription drug bills so all Americans will find it more affordable to be able to buy the medical drugs that they need.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 33
- Letter: Society puzzles 32