The rising costs of pharmaceutical drugs is a major concern for all Americans, but is especially worrisome to senior citizens. Congress needs to take action to pass prescription drug bills that are currently bottled up in committees which could save consumers billions of dollars. These bills seek to do three things: Place Medicare drugs out for bid; allow for the import of safe prescription drugs; and allow generic drugs to compete freely in the open market.
The Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2013 (S. 117) would allow Health and Human Services to be able to negotiate prices with drug companies. This would mean more affordable prescription prices for seniors for their medication.
Congress needs to act now on these beneficial prescription drug bills so all Americans will find it more affordable to be able to buy the medical drugs that they need.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32