The rising costs of pharmaceutical drugs is a major concern for all Americans, but is especially worrisome to senior citizens. Congress needs to take action to pass prescription drug bills that are currently bottled up in committees which could save consumers billions of dollars. These bills seek to do three things: Place Medicare drugs out for bid; allow for the import of safe prescription drugs; and allow generic drugs to compete freely in the open market.
The Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2013 (S. 117) would allow Health and Human Services to be able to negotiate prices with drug companies. This would mean more affordable prescription prices for seniors for their medication.
Congress needs to act now on these beneficial prescription drug bills so all Americans will find it more affordable to be able to buy the medical drugs that they need.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Kathleen Parker: Placing blame for massive...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 25