The rising costs of pharmaceutical drugs is a major concern for all Americans, but is especially worrisome to senior citizens. Congress needs to take action to pass prescription drug bills that are currently bottled up in committees which could save consumers billions of dollars. These bills seek to do three things: Place Medicare drugs out for bid; allow for the import of safe prescription drugs; and allow generic drugs to compete freely in the open market.
The Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2013 (S. 117) would allow Health and Human Services to be able to negotiate prices with drug companies. This would mean more affordable prescription prices for seniors for their medication.
Congress needs to act now on these beneficial prescription drug bills so all Americans will find it more affordable to be able to buy the medical drugs that they need.
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22