The rising costs of pharmaceutical drugs is a major concern for all Americans, but is especially worrisome to senior citizens. Congress needs to take action to pass prescription drug bills that are currently bottled up in committees which could save consumers billions of dollars. These bills seek to do three things: Place Medicare drugs out for bid; allow for the import of safe prescription drugs; and allow generic drugs to compete freely in the open market.
The Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2013 (S. 117) would allow Health and Human Services to be able to negotiate prices with drug companies. This would mean more affordable prescription prices for seniors for their medication.
Congress needs to act now on these beneficial prescription drug bills so all Americans will find it more affordable to be able to buy the medical drugs that they need.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 54
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 31
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20