After reading the article entitled "Abortion restrictions failing this year in court challenges," published Aug. 20, I became very concerned about what seems to be the general public's view on abortion. I believe, in most cases, it is a woman's choice whether she becomes pregnant. If a woman doesn't want a child, then she should not have sex. She does not have a right to kill the baby that she could have avoided having in the first place.
I do realize that there are cases involving rape or incest where a woman does not make the choice to become pregnant. In those cases, it is important to realize that there is still a human being killed by abortion. Lawmakers often argue at what point in pregnancy a fetus is "alive." What they should be looking at is the fact that whether one considers a fetus alive or not, it has potential equal to any child. I strongly agree with those who support passage of anti-abortion laws. Abortion is murder.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9