After reading the article entitled "Abortion restrictions failing this year in court challenges," published Aug. 20, I became very concerned about what seems to be the general public's view on abortion. I believe, in most cases, it is a woman's choice whether she becomes pregnant. If a woman doesn't want a child, then she should not have sex. She does not have a right to kill the baby that she could have avoided having in the first place.
I do realize that there are cases involving rape or incest where a woman does not make the choice to become pregnant. In those cases, it is important to realize that there is still a human being killed by abortion. Lawmakers often argue at what point in pregnancy a fetus is "alive." What they should be looking at is the fact that whether one considers a fetus alive or not, it has potential equal to any child. I strongly agree with those who support passage of anti-abortion laws. Abortion is murder.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25