After reading the article entitled "Abortion restrictions failing this year in court challenges," published Aug. 20, I became very concerned about what seems to be the general public's view on abortion. I believe, in most cases, it is a woman's choice whether she becomes pregnant. If a woman doesn't want a child, then she should not have sex. She does not have a right to kill the baby that she could have avoided having in the first place.
I do realize that there are cases involving rape or incest where a woman does not make the choice to become pregnant. In those cases, it is important to realize that there is still a human being killed by abortion. Lawmakers often argue at what point in pregnancy a fetus is "alive." What they should be looking at is the fact that whether one considers a fetus alive or not, it has potential equal to any child. I strongly agree with those who support passage of anti-abortion laws. Abortion is murder.
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- Letter: No sportsmanship, no class
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- John Florez: Legislators' lip service: Losing...
- In our opinion: Wins and losses in the 2014...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- In our opinion: Better airline security...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 37
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 35
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win... 35
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Putin's invasion 23
- Richard Davis: Russia should be stopped... 21