Julio Cortez, Associated Press
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — Miss America contestants restarted a boardwalk tradition by showing off their shoes.
With the pageant making its return to New Jersey this year, the 53 competitors paraded down the Atlantic City boardwalk Saturday evening to the refrain of "show us your shoes!"
Some contestants sported footwear that reflects their state. Miss Florida's shoes depicted alligators, Miss Indiana's had basketballs and hoops, Miss New Jersey sported sea shells and Miss Arizona's had a cactus.
Others are took a different approach. Miss South Dakota opted for metal-studded black leather boots and Miss Oklahoma donned black and red cowboy boots.
Miss Utah Ciera Pekarcik's shoes had a fire and ice theme.
The pageant is back in Atlantic City after six years in Las Vegas. The winner will be crowned during Sunday night's nationally televised broadcast.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 119
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Another American hostage at risk by... 13