Julio Cortez, Associated Press
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — Miss America contestants restarted a boardwalk tradition by showing off their shoes.
With the pageant making its return to New Jersey this year, the 53 competitors paraded down the Atlantic City boardwalk Saturday evening to the refrain of "show us your shoes!"
Some contestants sported footwear that reflects their state. Miss Florida's shoes depicted alligators, Miss Indiana's had basketballs and hoops, Miss New Jersey sported sea shells and Miss Arizona's had a cactus.
Others are took a different approach. Miss South Dakota opted for metal-studded black leather boots and Miss Oklahoma donned black and red cowboy boots.
Miss Utah Ciera Pekarcik's shoes had a fire and ice theme.
The pageant is back in Atlantic City after six years in Las Vegas. The winner will be crowned during Sunday night's nationally televised broadcast.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 15
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13