Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
Americans increased charitable contributions by 11.2 percent from 2011 to 2012, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics latest economic news release on consumer expenditures.
The report charts the spending habits of the average consumer unit from 2010 to 2012.
As the charts below demonstrate, expenditures such transportation and cash contributions increased dramatically from 2011, while clothing expenses have seen significant reductions and spending on housing only saw modest increases.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Clean up your finances by tossing paper,...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- The economy has begun to recover, but mostly...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 3
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 3
- Why separate bank accounts might help... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- These are America's 10 poorest congressmen 1