Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
Americans increased charitable contributions by 11.2 percent from 2011 to 2012, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics latest economic news release on consumer expenditures.
The report charts the spending habits of the average consumer unit from 2010 to 2012.
As the charts below demonstrate, expenditures such transportation and cash contributions increased dramatically from 2011, while clothing expenses have seen significant reductions and spending on housing only saw modest increases.
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 1