Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
Americans increased charitable contributions by 11.2 percent from 2011 to 2012, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics latest economic news release on consumer expenditures.
The report charts the spending habits of the average consumer unit from 2010 to 2012.
As the charts below demonstrate, expenditures such transportation and cash contributions increased dramatically from 2011, while clothing expenses have seen significant reductions and spending on housing only saw modest increases.
- Should cash be part of your emergency fund?
- Most popular Halloween costumes
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays...
- Top 10 insurance myths that people think are...
- 9 things we routinely overpay for
- Should you install your own kitchen cabinets?
- How to take the scare out of the cost of...
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays... 9
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 7
- 9 things we routinely overpay for 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for... 4
- Should cash be part of your emergency... 4