It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 42
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31