It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- On second thought
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 46
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31