It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Gabriel Roth: Get the government out of the...
- Letter: Legalizing drugs
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 36
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 36
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32