It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts bank...
- Letter: No oversight at all
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 93
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 42
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about... 37
- Letter: We can do better 27
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22