It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 78
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36