It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- Letter: King Obama
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- Letter: Speak kind words
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can result...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 73
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Letter: Acting on immigration 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- Letter: King Obama 30
- My view: Global warming needs free market 27