It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 20
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19