It is the moral, constitutional and personal duty of the Congress to make clear to the world from its position of power that a dictator or anyone else cannot use gas to murder children for personal benefit. It must vote to give the president of our United States the power to surgically respond to that demonic act in Syria should it be necessary.
For Congress to put politics and its re-election lust ahead of that duty speaks clearly to its personal integrity, avarice and greed.
This Congress will never be able to hide from this crucial moment in its history.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19