Waiters and waitresses make $2.13 an hour. But I have seen so many people leave a 10 percent tip.
The proper way to tip is to start at 18 to 20 percent. You can work up or down from there, depending on how good the service was.
Waiters and waitresses cannot make a living off 10 percent tips.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- In our opinion: National security and... 75
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 30
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Letter: Coal and job creation 20
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18