Waiters and waitresses make $2.13 an hour. But I have seen so many people leave a 10 percent tip.
The proper way to tip is to start at 18 to 20 percent. You can work up or down from there, depending on how good the service was.
Waiters and waitresses cannot make a living off 10 percent tips.
- Letter: Moral decline 86
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 58
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 54
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40