It has become apparent that government programs such as Obamacare are not as much about providing health care for more people as they are about control of what doctors we can see, what treatments we can receive, etc.
The same kind of situation is true for the Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Agriculture, federal education laws, etc. Liberal leaders want to control what we think and what we do, more than protecting the environment, or taking care of food stamps, or really helping improve children's education. It is about control.
We have voted into our presidency and Congress too many people who want to control the people, not to govern a free society. How sad.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28