It has become apparent that government programs such as Obamacare are not as much about providing health care for more people as they are about control of what doctors we can see, what treatments we can receive, etc.
The same kind of situation is true for the Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Agriculture, federal education laws, etc. Liberal leaders want to control what we think and what we do, more than protecting the environment, or taking care of food stamps, or really helping improve children's education. It is about control.
We have voted into our presidency and Congress too many people who want to control the people, not to govern a free society. How sad.
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- Letter: Put people in control
- National debt not just financial issue...
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27