American politicians should remind themselves that any U.S. attack on Syria will not only kill large numbers of innocent people, it will be economically devastating at a time when America is financially bankrupt and surviving day to day by borrowing money from China and allowing the Federal Reserve to print up massive amounts of funny money out of thin air.
Furthermore, any such attack will be illegal under international law. After Obama's new war goes horribly wrong, every politician who voted for it can potentially be put on trial as a war criminal.
We do not encourage lawlessness and violence in our schools, so why should our politicians be allowed to break international law and commit acts of violence? How can the United States ever criticize any other nation for breaking international law when we do it ourselves?
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19