American politicians should remind themselves that any U.S. attack on Syria will not only kill large numbers of innocent people, it will be economically devastating at a time when America is financially bankrupt and surviving day to day by borrowing money from China and allowing the Federal Reserve to print up massive amounts of funny money out of thin air.
Furthermore, any such attack will be illegal under international law. After Obama's new war goes horribly wrong, every politician who voted for it can potentially be put on trial as a war criminal.
We do not encourage lawlessness and violence in our schools, so why should our politicians be allowed to break international law and commit acts of violence? How can the United States ever criticize any other nation for breaking international law when we do it ourselves?
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38