American politicians should remind themselves that any U.S. attack on Syria will not only kill large numbers of innocent people, it will be economically devastating at a time when America is financially bankrupt and surviving day to day by borrowing money from China and allowing the Federal Reserve to print up massive amounts of funny money out of thin air.
Furthermore, any such attack will be illegal under international law. After Obama's new war goes horribly wrong, every politician who voted for it can potentially be put on trial as a war criminal.
We do not encourage lawlessness and violence in our schools, so why should our politicians be allowed to break international law and commit acts of violence? How can the United States ever criticize any other nation for breaking international law when we do it ourselves?
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- Letter: Drones or privacy
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14