American politicians should remind themselves that any U.S. attack on Syria will not only kill large numbers of innocent people, it will be economically devastating at a time when America is financially bankrupt and surviving day to day by borrowing money from China and allowing the Federal Reserve to print up massive amounts of funny money out of thin air.
Furthermore, any such attack will be illegal under international law. After Obama's new war goes horribly wrong, every politician who voted for it can potentially be put on trial as a war criminal.
We do not encourage lawlessness and violence in our schools, so why should our politicians be allowed to break international law and commit acts of violence? How can the United States ever criticize any other nation for breaking international law when we do it ourselves?
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: Moral decline 88
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 66
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 46
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25