American politicians should remind themselves that any U.S. attack on Syria will not only kill large numbers of innocent people, it will be economically devastating at a time when America is financially bankrupt and surviving day to day by borrowing money from China and allowing the Federal Reserve to print up massive amounts of funny money out of thin air.
Furthermore, any such attack will be illegal under international law. After Obama's new war goes horribly wrong, every politician who voted for it can potentially be put on trial as a war criminal.
We do not encourage lawlessness and violence in our schools, so why should our politicians be allowed to break international law and commit acts of violence? How can the United States ever criticize any other nation for breaking international law when we do it ourselves?
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Chaffetz named... 32
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31