Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says that a congressional no vote on Syria would undermine the credibility of the president.
Perhaps if U.S. presidents wanted credibility they shouldn't have (1) lied to a grand jury about having inappropriate relations with an intern, (2) left the unexplained collapse of World Trade Center 7 out of the 9/11 Commission Report and (3) dumped the body of Osama bin Laden into the ocean before it was properly identified.
U.S. presidents have no credibility.
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- The winners and the losers
- Letter: Elected representatives
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 53
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 33
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 19
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an... 11
- In our opinion: Electronic devices in... 10