Zimmerman's wife files for divorce, seeks permanent life insurance policy
SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman's wife is asking in divorce papers that he pay for a permanent life insurance policy with her named as the beneficiary.
Shellie Zimmerman asked in the petition released Friday that a judge order George Zimmerman to pay the premiums on the policy.
She also is seeking an equal distribution of their checking accounts, trusts, partnerships and any unknown assets.
She asked that a judge prevent him from selling off any property.
The petition says the couple separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted in July of any crime for fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Chiefs' Reid dedicated to domestic abuse victims
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6