Zimmerman's wife files for divorce, seeks permanent life insurance policy
SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman's wife is asking in divorce papers that he pay for a permanent life insurance policy with her named as the beneficiary.
Shellie Zimmerman asked in the petition released Friday that a judge order George Zimmerman to pay the premiums on the policy.
She also is seeking an equal distribution of their checking accounts, trusts, partnerships and any unknown assets.
She asked that a judge prevent him from selling off any property.
The petition says the couple separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted in July of any crime for fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Investigators may have recovered up to 30,000...
- Ice snarls Michigan roadways, airport runways
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Redistribution of homes begins in Utah FLDS town
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- 6.8 earthquake in Japan collapses homes,...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 63
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14