Zimmerman's wife files for divorce, seeks permanent life insurance policy
SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman's wife is asking in divorce papers that he pay for a permanent life insurance policy with her named as the beneficiary.
Shellie Zimmerman asked in the petition released Friday that a judge order George Zimmerman to pay the premiums on the policy.
She also is seeking an equal distribution of their checking accounts, trusts, partnerships and any unknown assets.
She asked that a judge prevent him from selling off any property.
The petition says the couple separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted in July of any crime for fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- How does the world feel about morals and...
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended...
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade...
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 27
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 19
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 18