Zimmerman's wife files for divorce, seeks permanent life insurance policy
SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman's wife is asking in divorce papers that he pay for a permanent life insurance policy with her named as the beneficiary.
Shellie Zimmerman asked in the petition released Friday that a judge order George Zimmerman to pay the premiums on the policy.
She also is seeking an equal distribution of their checking accounts, trusts, partnerships and any unknown assets.
She asked that a judge prevent him from selling off any property.
The petition says the couple separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted in July of any crime for fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Sex education should start sooner, study finds
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- Sorting out the claims after pipe break: Who...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 25
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 15