Matt Gade, Deseret News
HUNTER 31, COPPER HILLS 14: Hunter jumped out of the gates and took an early 25-point lead at the break to cruise past Copper Hills. Joseph Tiatia ran for 143 yards and got into the end zone three times to power the Wolverines.
WATERFORD 1, SUMMIT ACADEMY 0: Caroline Coats chipped in the lone goal of the match in the second half to help lift Waterford over Summit Academy. Lauren Groathouse earned the shutout between the posts.
ROWLAND HALL 4, LAYTON CHRISTIAN 0: Rowland Hall found the back of the net twice in each half to pick up the region win over Layton Christian. Nicole Wozniak and Sophia Yevuro split the shutout between the posts for the Winged Lion.
PAROWAN 4, SOUTH SEVIER 2: Sophomore Shalies Frandsen scored all four goals for the Rams while Elisa Lozano had an assist.
WEST 5, TAYLORSVILLE 0: Five different players scored goals to balance West's scoring attack in its shutout victory over Taylorsville. Rachel Ainsworth earned the shutout between the posts.
HILLCREST 2, HUNTER 1: Hillcrest's two early goals helped the Huskies outlast Hunter in region play. Skye Jeffries and Halah Khan each drove in goals for the home team.
JORDAN 3, BINGHAM 2: Kyra Radcliffe found Jacqueline Williams to put the Beetdiggers on the board, then Tori Smith found twine to knot the match at 2-2. An own goal in double overtime off a corner kick lifted Jordan.
HERRIMAN 4, PLEASANT GROVE 3: Herriman found the back of the net four times in the second half to pull off the comeback victory over Pleasant Grove. Darian McCloy drove in the game-winning goal for the Mustangs.
AMERICAN FORK 3, RIVERTON 2: American Fork was able to find the back of the net in the second overtime to help the Cavemen prevail in the hard-fought battle. T.J. Thompson set the pace with two goals.
SKY VIEW 1, LOGAN 0: Sky View's Sammy Guadarama scored the lone goal in the 11th minute.
BONNEVILLE 2, OGDEN 1: Ellee Hall scored with five minutes left to lift the Lakers.
EAST 5, WOODS CROSS 1: Five different players scored for the Leopards, who took advantage of a number of favorable bounces to get a lopsided win in a game that was played close. Anna Papadopolous and Claire Thomas each notched first half goals to give East the early lead.
MURRAY 3, OLYMPUS 1: Facing a 1-1 draw at the break, Murray came out and notched two goals in the second half while holding Olympus scoreless to earn the win. Katie Baldez led the way for the Spartans with two scores.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19