David J. Phillip, Associated Press
SPRING, Texas — A 17-year-old student has been stabbed to death and three others are injured after a fight at a Houston-area high school.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia says a confrontation around 7 a.m. Wednesday at Spring High School escalated and resulted in multiple stabbings. He says all the people involved in the fight were students in the Spring school district.
Three others described as "persons of interest" are being questioned by investigators. Garcia says authorities are not searching for any other suspects.
Garcia says two students have been hospitalized with minor injuries and the third is listed in good condition after being airlifted to a Houston hospital
Authorities did not say what prompted the confrontation.
Spring is about 20 miles north of Houston.
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 19
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 17
- Research: Native American genes have... 14