High school is anything but inexpensive.
In addition to the cost of books, pens, papers, notepads, binders, erasers, computer software and a myriad of other school essentials, parents have found that extra-curricular sports — namely football — costs a bundle as well.
The Deseret News successfully contacted nearly forty different 5A, 4A and 3A Utah high schools in order to assess the cost of participation in high school football along the Wasatch Front and in Washington County. Not all of them provided the information requested, but the data obtained from those who did is telling.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 113
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43