I agree with all the writers who are so shocked and saddened by the performance of Miley Cyrus at the Aug. 25 MTV Awards. I did not see it, but I have heard plenty about it. I also know that in a couple of years it will not be a big deal, and we will all just get used to it and accept it; we will call it "art," or "just a performance." We have seen this over and over again, and we soon embrace what was once disgusting to us.
We are calling on the government to pass a law, change the ratings system, do something, when the only answer to this and many other questions in our society is: Stop watching. Stop paying for soft porn on TV and in the movies. The only way we will ever get the attention of people in these industries is if we hit them in their pocketbooks.
North Salt Lake
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- President should not act without...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 64
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 38
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 24
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- President should not act without... 20