I agree with all the writers who are so shocked and saddened by the performance of Miley Cyrus at the Aug. 25 MTV Awards. I did not see it, but I have heard plenty about it. I also know that in a couple of years it will not be a big deal, and we will all just get used to it and accept it; we will call it "art," or "just a performance." We have seen this over and over again, and we soon embrace what was once disgusting to us.
We are calling on the government to pass a law, change the ratings system, do something, when the only answer to this and many other questions in our society is: Stop watching. Stop paying for soft porn on TV and in the movies. The only way we will ever get the attention of people in these industries is if we hit them in their pocketbooks.
North Salt Lake
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 63
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- My view: What message does Melania's... 33
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30