I agree with all the writers who are so shocked and saddened by the performance of Miley Cyrus at the Aug. 25 MTV Awards. I did not see it, but I have heard plenty about it. I also know that in a couple of years it will not be a big deal, and we will all just get used to it and accept it; we will call it "art," or "just a performance." We have seen this over and over again, and we soon embrace what was once disgusting to us.
We are calling on the government to pass a law, change the ratings system, do something, when the only answer to this and many other questions in our society is: Stop watching. Stop paying for soft porn on TV and in the movies. The only way we will ever get the attention of people in these industries is if we hit them in their pocketbooks.
North Salt Lake
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30