In March, a woman walking home from a post office in Brunswick, Ga., with her 13-month-old son was accosted by a gunman who demanded her purse, then shot her in the leg and fired a shot at the child in his stroller after she told him she had no money, authorities said.
An 18-year-old man was convicted Friday of murder in the death of Antonio Santiago despite his attorney's attempts to cast guilt upon several others, including the child's parents.
In another case of violence toward toddlers in New York City, 3-year-old Tharell Edward was shot in the head and wounded Aug. 24 as he slept in his family's Brooklyn apartment where an acquaintance was watching him.
Akeem Bernard, a friend of the baby sitter, was charged in the shooting. Through a lawyer, he has denied the allegations.
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in 2015...
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
- Obama administration allows 2-year extension...
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will...
- Looking to win a battle in the 16th century?...
- 23 Mormon missionaries in Ukraine transferred...
- Former baseball star Mariano Rivera rescues,...
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 22
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 20
- Thousands march in pro-invasion rally... 11
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 10
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10