Let's see if this all makes sense — the president has (illegally) deferred implementation of the employer mandate (for health insurance coverage) for another year. The Democrats in the Congress want their staff and themselves exempted from Obamacare because it will "hurt" hiring. Delta Airlines, one of the world's largest employers, says Obamacare will add $100 million in cost to abide by the mandate (guess who's going to make up the cost — the passengers). Employers across the country are dropping full-time employees to less than 30 hours a week to escape the mandate, UPS has eliminated from its health plan spouses of employees who have jobs elsewhere, and the "trusted" IRS is hiring 20,000 new employees to monitor compliance.
And continued funding of Obamacare is a good thing?
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30