At some point, though, Tebow will have to face reality. If three different teams and three different coaches couldn't turn him into an NFL quarterback, odds aren't good any other team or coach can, either. It will be time to let go of the dream, and find something else to do in life.
Luckily for Tebow, he already has that something. He's a missionary intent on spreading the word, and he's a positive speaker who can make NFL quarterback money on the lecture circuit should he choose to do so. ESPN is so obsessed with him that he might even be hired as a TV analyst.
The regular season starts this week, and there are teams — Buffalo comes to mind — that could still really use a quarterback. And desperate teams (Jets?) sometimes do desperate things.
By now, though, even they should have figured out that Tebowmania has run its course.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34