Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Some newspaper headlines you'll never see published
Lobbyists concerned about pampering legislators too much — Professional schmoozers place good public policy above their personal relationships with elected officials.
Becker wonders if accommodating bicyclists has gone too far — SLC mayor considers re-opening 500 South, 600 South, State Street and I-15 to cars.
Hinckley Institute director confesses to not having an opinion — Jowers totally speechless when asked by TV reporter, 'Why did the chicken cross the road?'
Pignanelli/Webb pen substantive column — 'An event to remember!' exclaim Deseret News editors.
Republican LaVarr Webb is a political consultant and lobbyist. Previously he was policy deputy to Gov. Mike Leavitt and Deseret News managing editor. Email: email@example.com. Democrat Frank Pignanelli is a Salt Lake attorney, lobbyist and political adviser. Pignanelli served 10 years in the Utah House of Representatives, six years as minority leader. His spouse, D'Arcy Dixon Pignanelli, is a state tax commissioner. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 54
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 51
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 31
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 29