Matt York, Associated Press
PHOENIX — Recording of 911 calls released by Phoenix police show a witness followed a car driven by a little boy for more than 10 minutes before it crashed and killed the boy's little sister.
At about the same time, the children's frantic mother called 911 to report someone had taken her two older children and her car was gone. The sobbing mom is heard begging for help from neighbors and then discovering her spare key is missing.
The calls released Friday document a tragic joyride up and down a main Phoenix road by an 8-year-old boy that ended when he swerved and hit a power pole. He was slightly hurt but 6-year-old Aaliyah Felder was killed.
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Ex-stepson: White House intruder meant no harm
- Who wins Senate control? Nov. 4 might not decide
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- It's not just young people —... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4