Matt York, Associated Press
PHOENIX — Recording of 911 calls released by Phoenix police show a witness followed a car driven by a little boy for more than 10 minutes before it crashed and killed the boy's little sister.
At about the same time, the children's frantic mother called 911 to report someone had taken her two older children and her car was gone. The sobbing mom is heard begging for help from neighbors and then discovering her spare key is missing.
The calls released Friday document a tragic joyride up and down a main Phoenix road by an 8-year-old boy that ended when he swerved and hit a power pole. He was slightly hurt but 6-year-old Aaliyah Felder was killed.
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Our six heroes of 2014
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Capacity crowds pack screenings of 'The...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5