Matt York, Associated Press
PHOENIX — Recording of 911 calls released by Phoenix police show a witness followed a car driven by a little boy for more than 10 minutes before it crashed and killed the boy's little sister.
At about the same time, the children's frantic mother called 911 to report someone had taken her two older children and her car was gone. The sobbing mom is heard begging for help from neighbors and then discovering her spare key is missing.
The calls released Friday document a tragic joyride up and down a main Phoenix road by an 8-year-old boy that ended when he swerved and hit a power pole. He was slightly hurt but 6-year-old Aaliyah Felder was killed.
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Private actions are company business
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 21
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 13
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9