Matt York, Associated Press
PHOENIX — Recording of 911 calls released by Phoenix police show a witness followed a car driven by a little boy for more than 10 minutes before it crashed and killed the boy's little sister.
At about the same time, the children's frantic mother called 911 to report someone had taken her two older children and her car was gone. The sobbing mom is heard begging for help from neighbors and then discovering her spare key is missing.
The calls released Friday document a tragic joyride up and down a main Phoenix road by an 8-year-old boy that ended when he swerved and hit a power pole. He was slightly hurt but 6-year-old Aaliyah Felder was killed.
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- Feds release sage grouse conservation plans...
- What is the most Hawaiian movie set in...
- Study says girls seek sisterhood in the...
- Administration asks skeptical judge to toss...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Psychiatrist: Colorado theater shooter 'knew...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Gays wake up to changed Ireland, let... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 9
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 8
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 8
- Obama urges Senate to renew... 7