Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Jackie Johnson showed jurors a string of still images pulled from video cameras around Brunswick during her closing argument. They all showed Elkins in specific locations at specific times the day of the shooting. Johnson also reminded jurors of the testimony of two young women — one who said Elkins walked her to school at 8:45 the day of the shooting and another who said she spent the night before with Elkins and ate with him later that morning, which was backed up by video stills of them at a convenience store.
Then Johnson reminded jurors of what Elkins told police, that he woke up around 10:30 that morning, that no one else was home and that he left for school around 11:30 a.m.
The only person whose story didn't match the evidence in the case was Elkins, Johnson said.
The story Dominique Lang told police was very similar to the one West told, Johnson said. While there was no video of the shooting itself, video evidence in the case supports other parts of Lang and West's stories, Johnson said.
Johnson also took exception to the accusation that police stopped investigating once they arrested Elkins, noting that they pulled video from various cameras around town and went diving in a pond to recover the gun the following week.
Johnson also slammed the defense for picking on West and her behavior following the shooting: "Does anyone know what the protocol is for how you're supposed to act when you've just watched your child get shot in the face?"
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- ‘Stay strong,’ says 15-year-old...
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least of all...
- Grandma says Texas massacre survivor saved lives
- Hot spot: Yellowstone road melts, sites closed
- Tiny houses big with consumers seeking...
- Virginia dad plants flag in area between...
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 65
- Why thousands of migrant children are... 45
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 41
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 32
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least... 27
- Thousands of unaccompanied migrant... 26
- President Obama aims to shift border... 23