TACOMA, Wash. — For the first time since 2008, the Salt Lake Bees are Pacific Northern Division Champions, as they downed the Tacoma Rainiers 8-4 on Thursday night.
The Bees trailed 3-1 in the fourth when Roberto Lopez tied the game with a two-out, two-run double.
Tommy Field put the Bees in front to stay, as he drilled the first pitch of the sixth inning into the left field bullpen.
Salt Lake would break the game open with four runs in the seventh inning.
Drew Heid started the scoring with an RBI double and he would later score on a throwing error by Tacoma catcher Mike Zunino.
Later, Efren Navarro would drive in a run with a double to left and Andy Marte capped off the inning with an RBI single to left.
Dontrelle Willis (2-1) picked up the win, as he went 22/3 innings and allowed just one unearned run on three hits with two walks and no strikeouts.
Jeremy Berg retired the final seven Tacoma batters, including Ji-Man Choi to end the game and record his first save of the season.
Marte led the Bees by going 4-for-4 with a home run and two runs batted in.
Heid and Navarro each added two hits and one RBI, while Lopez added one hit and two RBIs.
The Bees will host either Las Vegas or Sacramento in the first two games of the Pacific Conference Championship series on Wednesday and Thursday after they wrap up the regular season this weekend versus Reno.
- Despair and defiance as Russian athletes...
- Dustin Johnson wins US Open at Oakmont for...
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA Finals...
- The End: Cleveland rocks as title drought...
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 86
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA... 28
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22