High school sports: Thursday's roundups
Results from all over the state of Utah
Clearfield picked up the region win by notching four goals in each half to run past Kearns. Brinley Adams led the way for the visiting team with a hat trick.
Olympus 2, Orem 1 (OT)
Olympus' late goal in the second half tied the game and sent the game to overtime. In overtime, the Titans were able to pull off the thrilling comeback victory on the road. Olivia Stringham and Anna Wycoff each found the back of the net to lead the visiting team.
Skyline 7, Corner Canyon 1
Skyline put five goals in the back of the net in the second half to defeat Corner Canyon. Holly Daugirda and Emma Heyn each chipped in two goals, while Hillary Weixler was outstanding between the posts to power the home team.
Timpanogos 3, Murray 0
Timpanogos took a 1-0 lead at the break and buried two more goals in the second half to secure the win over Murray. Three different players found the back of the net, while Natalie Reynolds dished out two assists and Sydney Oldroyd earned the shutout between the posts for the Spartans.
Salem Hills 4, Maple Mountain 3
Salem Hills pulled off an impressive comeback victory over Region 8 foe Maple Mountain by scoring four goals in the second half. Four different players found the back of the net for the SkyHawks.
Springville 3, Provo 2
Springville jumped out to an early 3-0 lead and kept its composure by holding off a late Provo surge to pick up the victory on the road. Teija Rosenberg helped lift the Red Devils with two scores.
Dixie 2, Snow Canyon 0
Dixie's two-goal first half performance proved to be the difference maker as the Flyers defeated Snow Canyon in region play. Aubri Challis and Bekah Pasley each drilled goals in the first half, while Elizabeth Empey protected the net and earned the shutout for the home team.
Cedar 7, Canyon View 2
Cedar added to its two-goal lead in the second half by burying four more goals to blow past Canyon View. Melissa Kunz's two scores led the way for the Falcons in the loss.
Jordan 4, West 0
Granger 4, Tooele 2
Stephanie Camareno netted a pair of goals, as Granger broke a 2-2 tie at half to pick up the victory at home.
Delta 5, North Sanpete 0
Park City 2, Logan 1
Maeser Prep 7, Beaver 0
Copper Hills 4, Taylorsville 0
Union 8, Carbon 0
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36