High school sports: Thursday's roundups
Results from all over the state of Utah
Logan 24, Cottonwood 7
Chase Nelson tossed three touchdowns and visiting Logan played outstanding defense on its way to a solid victory over Cottonwood to improve to 2-0 this season.
Fremont 1, Northridge 0
Davis 7, Syracuse 1
Davis erupted for five goals in the first half in its blowout victory over Syracuse in region play. Maddie Garlock and Madi Russell each notched two goals while Ireland Dunn dished out two assists to lead the Darts, while Courtnee Bearnson scored the lone goal for the Titans in the loss.
Viewmont 4, Weber 1
Riverton 2, Lehi 1
Riverton was able to outscore Lehi 2-1 in the second half to pick up the Region 4 victory on the road. Hailey Skolmoski and Mallory Bostic each drove in goals to help lift the Silverwolves. Alicha Holmstead's lone goal led the way for the Pioneers in the loss.
American Fork 2, Pleasant Grove 1 (OT)
Lone Peak 3, Westlake 0
The Lone Peak Knights picked up the region victory over Westlake by netting three second-half goals. Tess Arnold, Jessica Smith and Leesa Stowe each found the back of the net, while Cassidy Smith picked up the shutout for the home team.
Bonneville 3, Sky View 2
Bonneville's two goals in the first half proved to be the difference maker as the Lakers escaped with the narrow victory over Sky View. Ellee Hall, Mackenzie Price and Hannah Shore all drilled goals for the home team.
Ogden 3, Roy 2 — Jaimee Hansen added an assist with her goal, and Ogden shook off a two-game losing streak in region play with the impressive win over Roy.
Judge Memorial 6, Cyprus 0
Judge Memorial earned the region win against Cyprus by tallying six goals and holding the Pirates scoreless. Sierra Jensen notched the hat trick and Alex Margolis added two goals of her own while Laurel Housinger picked up the shutout between the posts to power the away team.
Bountiful 1, East 0
The Braves were able to drive in a goal in the second half to break the scoreless affair and pick up the Region 6 win over East. Miranda Tesch netted the lone goal and Charity Cole earned the shutout between the posts for the home team.
Highland 3, Woods Cross 1
Facing a 1-1 tie at the break, Highland came out and found the back of the net twice while also holding Woods Cross scoreless in the second half to pick up win in region play. Krystle Payne scored two goals to lead the way for the Rams.
Clearfield 8, Kearns 1
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new walk-on...
- BYU coaches happy about development of...
- Tyler Haws' NBA dream path takes a detour to...
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Red and blue recruits: A first look at...
- New York Jets waive former BYU quarterback...
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap Cornhuskers'...
- AP preseason top 25 poll: Utah, BYU... 59
- Morning links: Cougars examined by USA... 56
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 38
- Rock On: Sarkisian runs afoul of BYU... 38
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 26
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 25
- Utah Jazz: Withey, 7-footer with two... 22