High school sports: Thursday's roundups
Results from all over the state of Utah
Logan 24, Cottonwood 7
Chase Nelson tossed three touchdowns and visiting Logan played outstanding defense on its way to a solid victory over Cottonwood to improve to 2-0 this season.
Fremont 1, Northridge 0
Davis 7, Syracuse 1
Davis erupted for five goals in the first half in its blowout victory over Syracuse in region play. Maddie Garlock and Madi Russell each notched two goals while Ireland Dunn dished out two assists to lead the Darts, while Courtnee Bearnson scored the lone goal for the Titans in the loss.
Viewmont 4, Weber 1
Riverton 2, Lehi 1
Riverton was able to outscore Lehi 2-1 in the second half to pick up the Region 4 victory on the road. Hailey Skolmoski and Mallory Bostic each drove in goals to help lift the Silverwolves. Alicha Holmstead's lone goal led the way for the Pioneers in the loss.
American Fork 2, Pleasant Grove 1 (OT)
Lone Peak 3, Westlake 0
The Lone Peak Knights picked up the region victory over Westlake by netting three second-half goals. Tess Arnold, Jessica Smith and Leesa Stowe each found the back of the net, while Cassidy Smith picked up the shutout for the home team.
Bonneville 3, Sky View 2
Bonneville's two goals in the first half proved to be the difference maker as the Lakers escaped with the narrow victory over Sky View. Ellee Hall, Mackenzie Price and Hannah Shore all drilled goals for the home team.
Ogden 3, Roy 2 — Jaimee Hansen added an assist with her goal, and Ogden shook off a two-game losing streak in region play with the impressive win over Roy.
Judge Memorial 6, Cyprus 0
Judge Memorial earned the region win against Cyprus by tallying six goals and holding the Pirates scoreless. Sierra Jensen notched the hat trick and Alex Margolis added two goals of her own while Laurel Housinger picked up the shutout between the posts to power the away team.
Bountiful 1, East 0
The Braves were able to drive in a goal in the second half to break the scoreless affair and pick up the Region 6 win over East. Miranda Tesch netted the lone goal and Charity Cole earned the shutout between the posts for the home team.
Highland 3, Woods Cross 1
Facing a 1-1 tie at the break, Highland came out and found the back of the net twice while also holding Woods Cross scoreless in the second half to pick up win in region play. Krystle Payne scored two goals to lead the way for the Rams.
Clearfield 8, Kearns 1
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16