I have been very disturbed with the Deseret News' article titled "Ex-Riverton High coach charged with rape, sex abuse ordered to stand trial" (Aug. 26) for two reasons.
First, details in the article were too graphic. Sometimes my younger children read the newspaper, and they do not need to read the details of the teacher's and student's relationship.
Second, there are two sides to every story. In no way do I condone or support this teacher's behavior. However, where was her side of the story? More than likely, she was not able to say anything due to legal reasons, and I understand that. But why print only the one side?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11