I have been very disturbed with the Deseret News' article titled "Ex-Riverton High coach charged with rape, sex abuse ordered to stand trial" (Aug. 26) for two reasons.
First, details in the article were too graphic. Sometimes my younger children read the newspaper, and they do not need to read the details of the teacher's and student's relationship.
Second, there are two sides to every story. In no way do I condone or support this teacher's behavior. However, where was her side of the story? More than likely, she was not able to say anything due to legal reasons, and I understand that. But why print only the one side?
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30