I have been very disturbed with the Deseret News' article titled "Ex-Riverton High coach charged with rape, sex abuse ordered to stand trial" (Aug. 26) for two reasons.
First, details in the article were too graphic. Sometimes my younger children read the newspaper, and they do not need to read the details of the teacher's and student's relationship.
Second, there are two sides to every story. In no way do I condone or support this teacher's behavior. However, where was her side of the story? More than likely, she was not able to say anything due to legal reasons, and I understand that. But why print only the one side?
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Why religious organizations should be...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32