I have been very disturbed with the Deseret News' article titled "Ex-Riverton High coach charged with rape, sex abuse ordered to stand trial" (Aug. 26) for two reasons.
First, details in the article were too graphic. Sometimes my younger children read the newspaper, and they do not need to read the details of the teacher's and student's relationship.
Second, there are two sides to every story. In no way do I condone or support this teacher's behavior. However, where was her side of the story? More than likely, she was not able to say anything due to legal reasons, and I understand that. But why print only the one side?
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...
- Gov. Gary Herbert's budget hits the mark
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 53
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 31
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19
- Letter: No limits 19
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16