I have been very disturbed with the Deseret News' article titled "Ex-Riverton High coach charged with rape, sex abuse ordered to stand trial" (Aug. 26) for two reasons.
First, details in the article were too graphic. Sometimes my younger children read the newspaper, and they do not need to read the details of the teacher's and student's relationship.
Second, there are two sides to every story. In no way do I condone or support this teacher's behavior. However, where was her side of the story? More than likely, she was not able to say anything due to legal reasons, and I understand that. But why print only the one side?
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22