The Aug. 18 edition of the Deseret News National Edition lists six areas of emphasis that it will focus on. Noticeably missing is faith in God.
Admittedly, mention in the paper is given to spiritual issues, nevertheless without emphasis on faith in God, which is the foundation of all virtues, other values are based on peer opinions and thus have no lasting standard. Without a fixed endpoint of faith in God, a nation as well as individuals will travel in circles and spiral downward.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: First-class prison
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21