The Aug. 18 edition of the Deseret News National Edition lists six areas of emphasis that it will focus on. Noticeably missing is faith in God.
Admittedly, mention in the paper is given to spiritual issues, nevertheless without emphasis on faith in God, which is the foundation of all virtues, other values are based on peer opinions and thus have no lasting standard. Without a fixed endpoint of faith in God, a nation as well as individuals will travel in circles and spiral downward.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 54
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 44
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 26