The Aug. 18 edition of the Deseret News National Edition lists six areas of emphasis that it will focus on. Noticeably missing is faith in God.
Admittedly, mention in the paper is given to spiritual issues, nevertheless without emphasis on faith in God, which is the foundation of all virtues, other values are based on peer opinions and thus have no lasting standard. Without a fixed endpoint of faith in God, a nation as well as individuals will travel in circles and spiral downward.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 45
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 35
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19