The Aug. 18 edition of the Deseret News National Edition lists six areas of emphasis that it will focus on. Noticeably missing is faith in God.
Admittedly, mention in the paper is given to spiritual issues, nevertheless without emphasis on faith in God, which is the foundation of all virtues, other values are based on peer opinions and thus have no lasting standard. Without a fixed endpoint of faith in God, a nation as well as individuals will travel in circles and spiral downward.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 26
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25