The Aug. 18 edition of the Deseret News National Edition lists six areas of emphasis that it will focus on. Noticeably missing is faith in God.
Admittedly, mention in the paper is given to spiritual issues, nevertheless without emphasis on faith in God, which is the foundation of all virtues, other values are based on peer opinions and thus have no lasting standard. Without a fixed endpoint of faith in God, a nation as well as individuals will travel in circles and spiral downward.
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks the...
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- Jenet Jacob Erickson: Understanding family...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 37
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 37
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 36
- Letter: Preventative care 28
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Insurance website 20
- Letter: Buying politicians 20
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What... 18