Utah Sen. Pat Jones', D-Holladay, proposed education bill for 2014 deserves all of our support. Her foresightedness and her determination to "create jobs and allow schools to shrink class sizes by hiring new educators" is worthy of our highest and greatest consideration. Her objectives seek to greatly elevate the state's overall education system. I especially support her vision for educational improvement into rural areas where, it seems, less consideration is given. I especially support her verbiage regarding the "equalization mechanism" introduced in her bill, which explains that it "would be beneficial to rural schools which often suffer from lack of resources while still providing support for larger student populations."
Equal educational opportunity for all the children should prevail. We should have a laser focus on ensuring this takes place.
May we as citizens help to provide the most equal educational opportunity possible for all our children. It should be every parents' priority and every community members' goal.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 110
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 36
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 31
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30