On The Money: Track down and win scholarships
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Every penny counts when it comes to financing a college education. And one of the best ways to help cover the cost of higher education remains winning a scholarship.
Several websites provide useful insights about scholarship opportunities. Here are a few worth a visit:
—CollegeBoard.com: Lays out difference scholarship sources, and includes a scholarship search. http://www.collegeboard.com/parents/pay/scholarships-aid/21403.html
—FinAid: Offers a scholarship search tool and overview of scholarship opportunities and tips. http://www.finaid.org/scholarships
—Scholarship America: Features topics on open scholarships, scholarship info and application tips. http://scholarshipamerica.org/student(UNDERSCORE)center.php
—U.S. Department of Education: Serves up array of scholarships, including application insights. http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships
—U.S. Scholarship Guide: Contains 10 tips to getting a scholarship, with additional info on scholarship types and scams. http://www.usscholarshipguide.org/misc/scholarship(UNDERSCORE)tips.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you money
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- More home-cooked meals really can save... 2