On The Money: Track down and win scholarships
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Every penny counts when it comes to financing a college education. And one of the best ways to help cover the cost of higher education remains winning a scholarship.
Several websites provide useful insights about scholarship opportunities. Here are a few worth a visit:
—CollegeBoard.com: Lays out difference scholarship sources, and includes a scholarship search. http://www.collegeboard.com/parents/pay/scholarships-aid/21403.html
—FinAid: Offers a scholarship search tool and overview of scholarship opportunities and tips. http://www.finaid.org/scholarships
—Scholarship America: Features topics on open scholarships, scholarship info and application tips. http://scholarshipamerica.org/student(UNDERSCORE)center.php
—U.S. Department of Education: Serves up array of scholarships, including application insights. http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships
—U.S. Scholarship Guide: Contains 10 tips to getting a scholarship, with additional info on scholarship types and scams. http://www.usscholarshipguide.org/misc/scholarship(UNDERSCORE)tips.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- What millennials need to do to retire...
- How to reap the financial benefits of your...
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st revenue...
- Congress heads out with no resolution on...
- Confident Trump seeks knockout of Cruz in...
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's Bitcoin...
- Advocates: High court signals it won't stop...
- Corporate earnings keep falling, but there...
- Confident Trump seeks knockout of Cruz... 11
- What millennials need to do to retire... 10
- Advocates: High court signals it won't... 5
- How to reap the financial benefits of... 5
- Congress heads out with no resolution... 4
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st... 3
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's... 0
- Corporate earnings keep falling, but... 0