On The Money: Track down and win scholarships
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Every penny counts when it comes to financing a college education. And one of the best ways to help cover the cost of higher education remains winning a scholarship.
Several websites provide useful insights about scholarship opportunities. Here are a few worth a visit:
—CollegeBoard.com: Lays out difference scholarship sources, and includes a scholarship search. http://www.collegeboard.com/parents/pay/scholarships-aid/21403.html
—FinAid: Offers a scholarship search tool and overview of scholarship opportunities and tips. http://www.finaid.org/scholarships
—Scholarship America: Features topics on open scholarships, scholarship info and application tips. http://scholarshipamerica.org/student(UNDERSCORE)center.php
—U.S. Department of Education: Serves up array of scholarships, including application insights. http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships
—U.S. Scholarship Guide: Contains 10 tips to getting a scholarship, with additional info on scholarship types and scams. http://www.usscholarshipguide.org/misc/scholarship(UNDERSCORE)tips.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as rest of...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Germany to Greece: Don't mess with us over...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1