On The Money: Track down and win scholarships
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Every penny counts when it comes to financing a college education. And one of the best ways to help cover the cost of higher education remains winning a scholarship.
Several websites provide useful insights about scholarship opportunities. Here are a few worth a visit:
—CollegeBoard.com: Lays out difference scholarship sources, and includes a scholarship search. http://www.collegeboard.com/parents/pay/scholarships-aid/21403.html
—FinAid: Offers a scholarship search tool and overview of scholarship opportunities and tips. http://www.finaid.org/scholarships
—Scholarship America: Features topics on open scholarships, scholarship info and application tips. http://scholarshipamerica.org/student(UNDERSCORE)center.php
—U.S. Department of Education: Serves up array of scholarships, including application insights. http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships
—U.S. Scholarship Guide: Contains 10 tips to getting a scholarship, with additional info on scholarship types and scams. http://www.usscholarshipguide.org/misc/scholarship(UNDERSCORE)tips.html
©2013 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Want to save big this holiday season?...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- 12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance...
- Review: 4 shopping apps that will save you money
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 8
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Immigration reform will boost the... 4
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- How are holiday shoppers spending their... 1
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone... 1