Congratulations to our representatives in Washington, who have found another reason to spend time and justify their nice salaries and super benefits by taking at least a month on hearings about the security at our 2002 Winter Olympics.
The House could investigate the security and the Senate could zero-in on former President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney who got us into needing so much security in the first place.
As a volunteer for the games, I am very grateful to all those who kept me and the international officials I was entrusted with safe.
Oh how easy it is to criticize instead of doing something that would benefit most of the people of our great nation.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- The winners and the losers
- Letter: Elected representatives
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 53
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 33
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 19
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an... 11
- In our opinion: Electronic devices in... 10