Congratulations to our representatives in Washington, who have found another reason to spend time and justify their nice salaries and super benefits by taking at least a month on hearings about the security at our 2002 Winter Olympics.
The House could investigate the security and the Senate could zero-in on former President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney who got us into needing so much security in the first place.
As a volunteer for the games, I am very grateful to all those who kept me and the international officials I was entrusted with safe.
Oh how easy it is to criticize instead of doing something that would benefit most of the people of our great nation.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 63
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 48
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 30
- My View: What I learned about air... 26
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16