Congratulations to our representatives in Washington, who have found another reason to spend time and justify their nice salaries and super benefits by taking at least a month on hearings about the security at our 2002 Winter Olympics.
The House could investigate the security and the Senate could zero-in on former President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney who got us into needing so much security in the first place.
As a volunteer for the games, I am very grateful to all those who kept me and the international officials I was entrusted with safe.
Oh how easy it is to criticize instead of doing something that would benefit most of the people of our great nation.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- Winter box office is sluggish — bad...
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- Letter: No sportsmanship, no class
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- John Florez: Legislators' lip service: Losing...
- In our opinion: Wins and losses in the 2014...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 37
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 35
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win... 35
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Private political parties 24