Tom Barberi, a former disc jockey and commentator for KALL radio years ago used to have an expression that was a favorite of mine. He would say that someone had "flair, verve and a touch of panache."
Chad Bennion, Salt Lake County GOP Chairman, and U.S. Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, could never, ever be accused of having "flair, verve and a touch of panache." The more they talk, the more their feet end up in their mouths. I'm sure they both come from families with class, but it just never filtered down to them.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28