I was disturbed when I saw the carriage horse lying on the road. It reminded me of the movie "Gone With The Wind" when Scarlett O'Hara's horse dropped dead in his traces. I heard some people say that the carriage rides should be canceled.
Maybe they just need a routine change like 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Then take the horses to Liberty Park where they are fed, given water and rest. From 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. there could be carriage rides in the park. That would be a wonderful special attraction to Liberty Park as well as humane treatment of the horses.
Between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. the carriage rides could be in downtown Salt Lake for special events and appointments. That would give the owners 8 hours work without damaging the horses.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28