Last night I listened with interest to KSL TV's sports coverage which noted that Southern Utah University's Brad Sorensen has the best passing numbers of any quarterback for the Chargers thus far in preseason games. I saw a featured article in Saturday's Deseret News highlighting a Sorensen but it was Brigham Young University's kicker.
While that is of interest, the fact that a quarterback who played three years and set passing records for Southern Utah University and shows promise of making the Chargers team is not covered is disappointing. Sorensen completed a touchdown pass against the Bears in Thursday night's televised game and had well over 100 yards passing with no interceptions. While we celebrate the success of the BYU, Utah and Utah State University football programs, a little attention to this remarkable SUU graduate would be appreciated.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19