Ben Affleck as Batman: A look back at the 10 actors who have played the superhero
With a projected release in 2015, the "Batman vs. Superman" movie will star Henry Cavill as Superman, and Ben Affleck as Batman. The selection of Affleck as Batman has drawn a negative response, with hashtags #BatFleck and #BetterBatmanThanBenAffleck trending on Twitter.
"The drunken hobo that lives under the overpass would be a #betterbatmanthanbenaffleck," said Ginger Gilbert on Twitter. "I am still at a loss for words."
Others support Afflecks role in the black suit.
"Furthermore, after years of self-serious bummer Christian Bale, it might be nice to have a funnier Batman," tweeted Jessica Grose. "Team Affleck!"/p>
The character of Batman is now over 70 years old, but his fame is no less for it.
Batman was created by Bob Kane in 1939, and today is considered by IGN to be the No. 2 superhero of all time, losing the No.1 spot to Superman.
However, unlike the Kryptonian Kal-El, the Caped Crusader hails from the planet Earth and has no super powers of his own. Instead, he defeats evil through intellect, technology, wealth, martial arts skills and pure intimidation.
Since his creation, playing Batman has been an honor that has launched many an actor to his fame. To follow are the 10 men who, from 1943 to the present day, have had such an honor.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Leaving your child alone in public? Better be...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all learn...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 51
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 16
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 12
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5