Ben Affleck as Batman: A look back at the 10 actors who have played the superhero
With a projected release in 2015, the "Batman vs. Superman" movie will star Henry Cavill as Superman, and Ben Affleck as Batman. The selection of Affleck as Batman has drawn a negative response, with hashtags #BatFleck and #BetterBatmanThanBenAffleck trending on Twitter.
"The drunken hobo that lives under the overpass would be a #betterbatmanthanbenaffleck," said Ginger Gilbert on Twitter. "I am still at a loss for words."
Others support Afflecks role in the black suit.
"Furthermore, after years of self-serious bummer Christian Bale, it might be nice to have a funnier Batman," tweeted Jessica Grose. "Team Affleck!"/p>
The character of Batman is now over 70 years old, but his fame is no less for it.
Batman was created by Bob Kane in 1939, and today is considered by IGN to be the No. 2 superhero of all time, losing the No.1 spot to Superman.
However, unlike the Kryptonian Kal-El, the Caped Crusader hails from the planet Earth and has no super powers of his own. Instead, he defeats evil through intellect, technology, wealth, martial arts skills and pure intimidation.
Since his creation, playing Batman has been an honor that has launched many an actor to his fame. To follow are the 10 men who, from 1943 to the present day, have had such an honor.
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Why 'The Cosby Show' still matters 30 years...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 26
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6