Ben Affleck as Batman: A look back at the 10 actors who have played the superhero
With a projected release in 2015, the "Batman vs. Superman" movie will star Henry Cavill as Superman, and Ben Affleck as Batman. The selection of Affleck as Batman has drawn a negative response, with hashtags #BatFleck and #BetterBatmanThanBenAffleck trending on Twitter.
"The drunken hobo that lives under the overpass would be a #betterbatmanthanbenaffleck," said Ginger Gilbert on Twitter. "I am still at a loss for words."
Others support Afflecks role in the black suit.
"Furthermore, after years of self-serious bummer Christian Bale, it might be nice to have a funnier Batman," tweeted Jessica Grose. "Team Affleck!"/p>
The character of Batman is now over 70 years old, but his fame is no less for it.
Batman was created by Bob Kane in 1939, and today is considered by IGN to be the No. 2 superhero of all time, losing the No.1 spot to Superman.
However, unlike the Kryptonian Kal-El, the Caped Crusader hails from the planet Earth and has no super powers of his own. Instead, he defeats evil through intellect, technology, wealth, martial arts skills and pure intimidation.
Since his creation, playing Batman has been an honor that has launched many an actor to his fame. To follow are the 10 men who, from 1943 to the present day, have had such an honor.
- How your premarital experiences can affect...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Couple struggling with fertility now...
- The Clean Cut: Little League coach delivers...
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- How to talk to your kids about porn
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice Bucket...
- Utah's One Voice Children's Choir to perform...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 52
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 29
- How your premarital experiences can... 11
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- One way dads have it easier at the office 8
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Kids' brains reorganize when learning... 5
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 5