Not long ago, I saw a rerun of a television clip showing President Obama before a large crowd just before he was elected in 2008. The thousands were screaming and waving signs saying "Change You Can Believe In."
Many changes have occurred since then — one is the high price of gasoline. Very few are changes you can believe in, but this one change has really altered my life. I used to enjoy going for rides, and looking for sights I had never seen before. Now, that enjoyment is gone. I don't know if I can say directly what the president has done to raise gas prices, but he has done nothing to keep them down.
Energy independence has been a goal of our government at least from the 1970s. Obama has thrown that goal out the window. How long are the American people going to put up with this nonsense? We are really at a disadvantage here because the media is right with Obama. When the truckers complained about high diesel prices a few years ago, the press took up their cause. But now, nothing from the press. What do you think we should do?
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21