David Zalubowski, Associated Press
The value of the American federal minimum wage has struggled to keep up with rising inflation rates, according to a report by the Congressional Research Service.
The CRS, a public policy research division of the United States Congress, released the report last June, which charts the federal minimum wage and adjusts past wages for inflation.
As the graph below shows, the worth of minimum wage in America has dropped over $2 since 1968, when the value of the American minimum wage was at its highest.
You can read the full report by the Congressional Research Service here.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 19
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4
- Financial interventions don't work 3
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2