David Zalubowski, Associated Press
The value of the American federal minimum wage has struggled to keep up with rising inflation rates, according to a report by the Congressional Research Service.
The CRS, a public policy research division of the United States Congress, released the report last June, which charts the federal minimum wage and adjusts past wages for inflation.
As the graph below shows, the worth of minimum wage in America has dropped over $2 since 1968, when the value of the American minimum wage was at its highest.
You can read the full report by the Congressional Research Service here.
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in U.S.,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 12
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 1
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,... 1