David Zalubowski, Associated Press
The value of the American federal minimum wage has struggled to keep up with rising inflation rates, according to a report by the Congressional Research Service.
The CRS, a public policy research division of the United States Congress, released the report last June, which charts the federal minimum wage and adjusts past wages for inflation.
As the graph below shows, the worth of minimum wage in America has dropped over $2 since 1968, when the value of the American minimum wage was at its highest.
You can read the full report by the Congressional Research Service here.
- How much is your diploma worth? Money...
- Why you must teach your children about money
- 5 ways to save money, improve quality of life...
- 25 states with the lowest levels of personal...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Davis County cities propose property tax...
- Do jobs need to be fulfilling?
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- How much is your diploma worth? Money... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 2
- $1,000 Sovaldi now hepatitis treatment... 2