A pair of two run homers helped catapult the Reno Aces to a 5-3 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Wednesday night.
The game was tied 1-1 with two outs in the fifth when Brad Snyder singled to left.
Former Angel Juan Rivera followed by taking a 1-1 pitch from Tommy Hanson over the left field wall to put Reno in front.
Salt Lake pitcher Kevin Johnson walked Ryan Stovall to lead off the eighth. One out later, Mike Jacobs belted a shot over the center field wall to make it 5-1.
The Bees rallied in the ninth on an RBI single by Roberto Lopez and a sacrifice fly by Drew Heid, but David Hernandez struck out Tommy Field to end the game.
Hanson (0-1) went six innings and allowed three runs on six hits with six strikeouts and one walk.
Roberto Lopez had two hits and one run batted in to extend his hitting streak to 10 games.
Field and Luis Jimenez each added two hits, as Salt Lake maintains a four-game lead in the Pacific Northern Division, as Tacoma lost 5-3 at Tucson.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 46