Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Vet who simulates homelessness for a month...
- 5 qualities of successful mompreneurs
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- How to eat on just $4 a day 4