Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- How to fight the prom price war
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open, adapt...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Crowdfunding: Where social media meets...
- Dave Ramsey says: Personal finance is all...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- More Americans spending at least half... 7
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers... 4
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1