Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 25 states with the lowest levels of personal...
- 5 ways to save money, improve quality of life...
- Why you must teach your children about money
- Who’s the boss of your finances?
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals... 2
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 2