Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance primed...
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings
- Dave Ramsey says: Charging off a debt doesn't...
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to advance...
- 3 reasons you should crowdfund your business
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 27
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 20
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings 8
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus... 2
- Want to see if your relationship will... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 1