Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 10 cheapest colleges for out-of-state students
- Are schools preparing students for the new...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- These three countries offer insights into the...
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4 percent
- Young widows speak out about managing grief,...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 4
- Study: 23 pct of US adults with health... 3
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Are schools preparing students for the... 3