Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- What it takes to be middle class in each state
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Why college matters more today than 20 years ago
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Don't be surprised if you find your boss...
- Kids learn the ABCs of managing money
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- How much money should you be saving... 4
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Michelle Singletary: Credit can be... 3