Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Insurance agents feeling left out of "Obamacare"
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Most US workers unprepared to meet retirement...
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 2
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1