Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- More home-cooked meals really can save you...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 31
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Financial interventions don't work 6
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2