Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 86
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 8
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 4
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Political polarization is a driving... 1