Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3