Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- 10 closing costs you may not expect —...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 13
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Is preschool worth the money? 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 3