Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- Down payment for love: How to think about the...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- It's about time the government... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: How to think... 3
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 2
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 1