Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your baby? It...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make changes to save money
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 61
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 4
- Want to save money in 2015?... 4
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 1