Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- What it takes to be middle class in each state
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Renovation Solutions: Three renovation...
- Review: Getting your Apple Watch? Here's how...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- Happiness research inspired one... 14
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 10
- Heavy reliance on US not sustainable,... 9
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 7
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- How much money should you be saving... 4