Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Driving forces: When buying a new car is...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality
- Dwindling pensions still swindling funds from...
- High steaks: Beef prices mooove up
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US job market
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in college...
- 5 unexpected things that can tank a home's...
- .01 percent of Americans making a lot... 27
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 12
- Dwindling pensions still swindling... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Driving forces: When buying a new car... 8
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US... 1
- Is Comcast-Time Warner merger creating... 1