Matt Slocum, Associated Press
A report by the Economic Policy Institute that ran earlier this month examined the current trends in American unemployment.
"Almost every major indicator in todays report underscores that we have not yet entered a robust jobs recovery," the report said, citing rising underemployment rates and depressed wage growth as other indicators that the recovery is not in full swing.
The institute broke down unemployment rates by race, gender and age, comparing this year's data to the state of unemployment before the recession. As the graphs demonstrate unemployment has risen across all the represented groups, but the struggling economy weighs heaviest on young black males.
You can see the full report at the Economic Policy Institute's website.
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1
- Balancing act: Humility, confidence... 1
- 10 must-know facts about... 1