Adam-ondi-Ahman is a beautiful, rural site in Daviess County, Mo. Daviess was established at the same time as Caldwell County, the so-called Mormon county.
The Prophet Joseph Smith moved to Far West, Caldwell County, in the spring of 1838.
During the next few months, he traveled north to Daviess County on several occasions. It was Joseph who identified Adam-ondi-Ahman as a site of great historical and spiritual importance, including major events that have yet to unfold in future days.
Much information associated with this site comes from sources that need to be carefully examined. However, because it is part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints's official canon of scripture, Doctrine and Covenants 116 sustains the historical and doctrinal tradition of this special place.
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Radiate goodness
- Hamblin & Peterson: John Knox and the...
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction?
- Book review: 'Conspiracy at Carthage' shares...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 37
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 16
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction? 12
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- God? Meaning of life? Many Americans... 12