Adam-ondi-Ahman is a beautiful, rural site in Daviess County, Mo. Daviess was established at the same time as Caldwell County, the so-called Mormon county.
The Prophet Joseph Smith moved to Far West, Caldwell County, in the spring of 1838.
During the next few months, he traveled north to Daviess County on several occasions. It was Joseph who identified Adam-ondi-Ahman as a site of great historical and spiritual importance, including major events that have yet to unfold in future days.
Much information associated with this site comes from sources that need to be carefully examined. However, because it is part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints's official canon of scripture, Doctrine and Covenants 116 sustains the historical and doctrinal tradition of this special place.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5