Adam-ondi-Ahman is a beautiful, rural site in Daviess County, Mo. Daviess was established at the same time as Caldwell County, the so-called Mormon county.
The Prophet Joseph Smith moved to Far West, Caldwell County, in the spring of 1838.
During the next few months, he traveled north to Daviess County on several occasions. It was Joseph who identified Adam-ondi-Ahman as a site of great historical and spiritual importance, including major events that have yet to unfold in future days.
Much information associated with this site comes from sources that need to be carefully examined. However, because it is part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints's official canon of scripture, Doctrine and Covenants 116 sustains the historical and doctrinal tradition of this special place.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16