An internet guide to personal economics for the college student
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
We all know the rising cost of a college education. But many students face an additional financial challenge once classes begin — budgeting for living and personal expenses. Several Web sites offer advice and tool that can assists students with managing expenses while attending school. Here are just a few:
Offers several tips on reducing college costs.
Provides online calculator to analyze college spending and budgeting.
Features extensive money saving tips for students in several various categories.
Spotlights 31 general tips to save money while in college.
Provides insights on managing credit, student loans and choosing a bank.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 9
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1