An internet guide to personal economics for the college student
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
We all know the rising cost of a college education. But many students face an additional financial challenge once classes begin — budgeting for living and personal expenses. Several Web sites offer advice and tool that can assists students with managing expenses while attending school. Here are just a few:
Offers several tips on reducing college costs.
Provides online calculator to analyze college spending and budgeting.
Features extensive money saving tips for students in several various categories.
Spotlights 31 general tips to save money while in college.
Provides insights on managing credit, student loans and choosing a bank.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Walmart, Kmart 'Layaway Angels' spreading...
- 10 Great Gift Ideas for People Who Have...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- 7 financial lessons from classic Christmas...
- Smart Spending: Buy these items after Christmas
- What managing money has taught me about...
- Are Americans investing or speculating on a...
- Robots vs. minimum wage: As pressure grows on...
- Robots vs. minimum wage: As pressure... 84
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Put a temporary stop... 8
- What do the new jobs numbers mean? 7
- What managing money has taught me about... 5