TNT, Eddy Chen, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Lee Thompson Young, who began his acting career as the star of the Disney Channel's "The Famous Jett Jackson" and was featured in the film "Friday Night Lights" and the series "Rizzoli & Isles," was found dead Monday, police said. He was 29.
There was no official cause of death, but Young's manager, Paul Baruch, said the actor "tragically took his own life."
"Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed. We ask that you please respect the privacy of his family and friends as this very difficult time," Baruch said in a statement.
Young's body was found at his North Hollywood home by police Monday morning after he failed to show up for work on TNT's crime drama "Rizzoli & Isles," police Officer Sally Madera said. The Los Angeles Fire Department was summoned and pronounced him dead at the scene, she said.
LAPD robbery-homicide detectives and the Los Angeles County coroner office were investigating because it is a high-profile death, she said. Madera had no details about the cause of death.
In the TNT series, Young played Barry Frost, a computer savvy — but squeamish— police detective.
Earlier Monday, TNT announced it was renewing the series that stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander.
AP Writers Robert Jablon and Sandy Cohen contributed to this report.
- Taiwan plane crash survivor crawls out of...
- What happened on the ground the day Flight 17...
- After government topples crosses in China,...
- Federal land managers criticized over...
- Feds cap fines for not buying health...
- Associated Press analysis: Colorado gun law...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Cellphone unlocking set to become legal again
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 49
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 25
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 25
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 20
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 18
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16