TNT, Eddy Chen, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Lee Thompson Young, who began his acting career as the star of the Disney Channel's "The Famous Jett Jackson" and was featured in the film "Friday Night Lights" and the series "Rizzoli & Isles," was found dead Monday, police said. He was 29.
There was no official cause of death, but Young's manager, Paul Baruch, said the actor "tragically took his own life."
"Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed. We ask that you please respect the privacy of his family and friends as this very difficult time," Baruch said in a statement.
Young's body was found at his North Hollywood home by police Monday morning after he failed to show up for work on TNT's crime drama "Rizzoli & Isles," police Officer Sally Madera said. The Los Angeles Fire Department was summoned and pronounced him dead at the scene, she said.
LAPD robbery-homicide detectives and the Los Angeles County coroner office were investigating because it is a high-profile death, she said. Madera had no details about the cause of death.
In the TNT series, Young played Barry Frost, a computer savvy — but squeamish— police detective.
Earlier Monday, TNT announced it was renewing the series that stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander.
AP Writers Robert Jablon and Sandy Cohen contributed to this report.
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon...
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- Reports: Ferguson grand jury has reached...
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016
- Evacuation plans readied as Buffalo flooding...
- Buffalo residents ready melt, possible...
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 40
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 19
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 17
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14