Ben Brewer, Deseret News
Football season is officially upon us. You can count it down with just one hand now.
Everything gets underway this Friday night with the opening of the 2013 high school football season, which will be followed in the coming weeks by the start of college football and the NFL.
As is always the case in Utah, high school football kicks everything off, and this year there are 103 teams competing at the varsity level. You can bet there's anxiety and tension at every school. What programs will take the next step? What programs will take steps backward? For some, two or three wins would be considered a good season, while others will settle for nothing less than a state championship.
Contributing: Trevor Phibbs, Amy Donaldson and Randy Hollis.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0