For years, I've turned to the Deseret News for the conservative view on politics in Utah. So imagine my surprise on Aug. 15 when I read a rather unflattering story about Chad Bennion in the Salt Lake Tribune and looked for counterpoint commentary in the News, only to find that not only did the News not cover this (salient, despite Bennion's protestations) angle in the Sim Gill-Chad Bennion brouhaha, but the News' "Politics" section consisted of a number of national headlines having nothing to do with politics (e.g. "UPS jet crashes near Birmingham airport, 2 dead" and "The best web resources to avoid money mistakes when planning a vacation").
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: No prison deficit
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30