For years, I've turned to the Deseret News for the conservative view on politics in Utah. So imagine my surprise on Aug. 15 when I read a rather unflattering story about Chad Bennion in the Salt Lake Tribune and looked for counterpoint commentary in the News, only to find that not only did the News not cover this (salient, despite Bennion's protestations) angle in the Sim Gill-Chad Bennion brouhaha, but the News' "Politics" section consisted of a number of national headlines having nothing to do with politics (e.g. "UPS jet crashes near Birmingham airport, 2 dead" and "The best web resources to avoid money mistakes when planning a vacation").
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 63
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- My view: What message does Melania's... 33
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30