For years, I've turned to the Deseret News for the conservative view on politics in Utah. So imagine my surprise on Aug. 15 when I read a rather unflattering story about Chad Bennion in the Salt Lake Tribune and looked for counterpoint commentary in the News, only to find that not only did the News not cover this (salient, despite Bennion's protestations) angle in the Sim Gill-Chad Bennion brouhaha, but the News' "Politics" section consisted of a number of national headlines having nothing to do with politics (e.g. "UPS jet crashes near Birmingham airport, 2 dead" and "The best web resources to avoid money mistakes when planning a vacation").
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 21