For years, I've turned to the Deseret News for the conservative view on politics in Utah. So imagine my surprise on Aug. 15 when I read a rather unflattering story about Chad Bennion in the Salt Lake Tribune and looked for counterpoint commentary in the News, only to find that not only did the News not cover this (salient, despite Bennion's protestations) angle in the Sim Gill-Chad Bennion brouhaha, but the News' "Politics" section consisted of a number of national headlines having nothing to do with politics (e.g. "UPS jet crashes near Birmingham airport, 2 dead" and "The best web resources to avoid money mistakes when planning a vacation").
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family