For years, I've turned to the Deseret News for the conservative view on politics in Utah. So imagine my surprise on Aug. 15 when I read a rather unflattering story about Chad Bennion in the Salt Lake Tribune and looked for counterpoint commentary in the News, only to find that not only did the News not cover this (salient, despite Bennion's protestations) angle in the Sim Gill-Chad Bennion brouhaha, but the News' "Politics" section consisted of a number of national headlines having nothing to do with politics (e.g. "UPS jet crashes near Birmingham airport, 2 dead" and "The best web resources to avoid money mistakes when planning a vacation").
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25