I was appalled at the interview KSL and Deseret News had with Miss Riverton and her parents. For her to say that throwing dangerous chemicals was a prank and silly? The people who called 911 did not think the kids behavior was a silly prank. I'm glad she resigned because I would not want someone so clueless representing my city.
And the mother's statement that, "I think with all that she's been going through, it's hard to get mad at her ..." Really? I hope the four kids are convicted of a felony and have a criminal record for the rest of their lives. Parents have become too complacent in defending bad behavior.
I know someone who says parents should be required to get a license before having kids. Boy, is that right.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- President should not act without...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 63
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 37
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 20
- President should not act without... 19