I was appalled at the interview KSL and Deseret News had with Miss Riverton and her parents. For her to say that throwing dangerous chemicals was a prank and silly? The people who called 911 did not think the kids behavior was a silly prank. I'm glad she resigned because I would not want someone so clueless representing my city.
And the mother's statement that, "I think with all that she's been going through, it's hard to get mad at her ..." Really? I hope the four kids are convicted of a felony and have a criminal record for the rest of their lives. Parents have become too complacent in defending bad behavior.
I know someone who says parents should be required to get a license before having kids. Boy, is that right.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah businesses...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do we care?
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 27
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21