I was appalled at the interview KSL and Deseret News had with Miss Riverton and her parents. For her to say that throwing dangerous chemicals was a prank and silly? The people who called 911 did not think the kids behavior was a silly prank. I'm glad she resigned because I would not want someone so clueless representing my city.
And the mother's statement that, "I think with all that she's been going through, it's hard to get mad at her ..." Really? I hope the four kids are convicted of a felony and have a criminal record for the rest of their lives. Parents have become too complacent in defending bad behavior.
I know someone who says parents should be required to get a license before having kids. Boy, is that right.
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of measuring...
- In our opinion: Federal Reserve Bank faces...
- Letter: Just one breadwinner
- My view: Climate change denial: Scientific...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The power of Moore's Law...
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of... 38
- Letter: Next president? 36
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 34
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 28