I was appalled at the interview KSL and Deseret News had with Miss Riverton and her parents. For her to say that throwing dangerous chemicals was a prank and silly? The people who called 911 did not think the kids behavior was a silly prank. I'm glad she resigned because I would not want someone so clueless representing my city.
And the mother's statement that, "I think with all that she's been going through, it's hard to get mad at her ..." Really? I hope the four kids are convicted of a felony and have a criminal record for the rest of their lives. Parents have become too complacent in defending bad behavior.
I know someone who says parents should be required to get a license before having kids. Boy, is that right.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: No prison deficit
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30