I was appalled at the interview KSL and Deseret News had with Miss Riverton and her parents. For her to say that throwing dangerous chemicals was a prank and silly? The people who called 911 did not think the kids behavior was a silly prank. I'm glad she resigned because I would not want someone so clueless representing my city.
And the mother's statement that, "I think with all that she's been going through, it's hard to get mad at her ..." Really? I hope the four kids are convicted of a felony and have a criminal record for the rest of their lives. Parents have become too complacent in defending bad behavior.
I know someone who says parents should be required to get a license before having kids. Boy, is that right.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Federal contracting... 36