Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., famously stated we have to pass it (Obamacare) to know what's in it. I'm certain she still hasn't read the law, but people who have read it have discovered the law specifically applies to Congress also, not just to the little people like us.
In a state of shock at this news, congressional weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth caught the ear of President Obama, who went in person to the very halls of Congress. With a benevolent wave of the royal hand, he exempted Congress and congressional aides from the very law they passed so that they will continue to receive a large taxpayer subsidy for their health insurance premiums, unlike the little people.
The laws are what the king says they are only in a kingdom. President Obama missed that concept somewhere along the line. He should write 100 times on a blackboard, "The U.S. is not a kingdom. I am not the king."
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30