A few nights a week, I drive on Main Street from Farmington to Centerville. On many nights, I see people out on the street jogging or riding their bikes. I am surprised by how few of them where proper clothing. Reflective, nighttime clothing is a must if you bike or run at night. It is impossible to see these people until you are right there beside them. It is so easy to see why they get hit by cars.
There are so many options out there for nighttime jogging and biking. I find it ironic that people are out there jogging for their health and yet don't do the one thing that can keep them safe while they exercise. It is especially true of younger children who are out on their bikes. I have to wonder what their parents are thinking when they let them bike at night without at least having a light on their bikes.
I would feel terrible if I hit someone with my car. Please wear reflective clothing while biking or jogging at night.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme Court...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex Boye's...
- In our opinion: Repairing Salt Lake City streets
- Arthur Cyr: North Korea’s leaders...
- George F. Will: Britain at the crossroads
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 51
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 26
- My view: Character still matters in... 25
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 21
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 21
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20