A few nights a week, I drive on Main Street from Farmington to Centerville. On many nights, I see people out on the street jogging or riding their bikes. I am surprised by how few of them where proper clothing. Reflective, nighttime clothing is a must if you bike or run at night. It is impossible to see these people until you are right there beside them. It is so easy to see why they get hit by cars.
There are so many options out there for nighttime jogging and biking. I find it ironic that people are out there jogging for their health and yet don't do the one thing that can keep them safe while they exercise. It is especially true of younger children who are out on their bikes. I have to wonder what their parents are thinking when they let them bike at night without at least having a light on their bikes.
I would feel terrible if I hit someone with my car. Please wear reflective clothing while biking or jogging at night.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 94
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 38
- In our opinion: On Holder's heels... 34