Nauvoo, Ill., is among the most beautifully restored historic sites in America.
For many years, Nauvoo Restoration Inc. researched, excavated and restored a number of sites and structures in Nauvoo, where the early members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints settled before heading west. Over time, its function came to be one more of preservation than restoration.
Presently, these responsibilities fall under the purview of the LDS Church Historical Department. From time to time, there are opportunities to participate in ongoing research projects such as the one seen in these images. This project is a search for the Nauvoo home site of Joseph Smith Sr. and his wife, Lucy Mack Smith. Visitors are not only allowed but invited to help as their time allows.
Additional information can be found at idignauvoo.org.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 99
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 11
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 8
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5