Nauvoo, Ill., is among the most beautifully restored historic sites in America.
For many years, Nauvoo Restoration Inc. researched, excavated and restored a number of sites and structures in Nauvoo, where the early members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints settled before heading west. Over time, its function came to be one more of preservation than restoration.
Presently, these responsibilities fall under the purview of the LDS Church Historical Department. From time to time, there are opportunities to participate in ongoing research projects such as the one seen in these images. This project is a search for the Nauvoo home site of Joseph Smith Sr. and his wife, Lucy Mack Smith. Visitors are not only allowed but invited to help as their time allows.
Additional information can be found at idignauvoo.org.
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 39
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 28
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 17