On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Nearly 1 in 3 on Medicare got commonly abused...
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak economic...
- Financial Tips & Tricks: When is bankruptcy...
- Michelle Singletary: Should you replace your...
- Dave Ramsey says: You might not need life...
- Sturt & Nordstrom: The 5 fundamental...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Renovation Solutions: Tips for choosing an...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 4
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak... 3
- Michelle Singletary: Should you replace... 2
- Nearly 1 in 3 on Medicare got commonly... 1
- Financial Tips & Tricks: When is... 0
- Dave Ramsey says: You might not need... 0
- Sturt & Nordstrom: The 5 fundamental... 0
- Renovation Solutions: Tips for choosing... 0