On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- The most dangerous jobs in America
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- A more family-friendly minimum wage
- If you aren’t living in poverty, odds...
- The art of complaining about a product
- Michelle Singletary: Don't let rental car...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make a written game plan to...
- What we get wrong about student loan debt