On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- The most expensive homes in Utah in 2014
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone use
- There's more to Black Friday than getting a...
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- How actress Blake Lively's family saves money...
- Why you need to stop buying your kids so many...
- How are holiday shoppers spending their money...
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- Pope demands just distribution of... 6
- What's next for dead malls? 5
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests 2
- When low-income housing is converted... 2
- How to keep information overload from... 1