On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- What it takes to be middle class in each state
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Review: Getting your Apple Watch? Here's how...
- Why college matters more today than 20 years ago
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 10
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- How much money should you be saving... 4
- Michelle Singletary: Credit can be... 3
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 3
- Gambling is losing its appeal in Las Vegas 2