On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Want to save big this holiday season?...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- 12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance...
- Review: 4 shopping apps that will save you money
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 11
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Immigration reform will boost the... 6
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone... 1