On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you money
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 6
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4