On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as rest of...
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re still...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge 1
- Germany: Talk of axing Greek debt... 1