On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 8
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- How do Americans use their time? 1