On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Insurance agents feeling left out of "Obamacare"
- Most US workers unprepared to meet retirement...
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1