On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- How will students pay for soaring debt? Tax...
- How expensive is your ego?
- Students using loans for easy money, not a...
- Beware: Tax season is scam season
- For women, lower grades might mean more money
- Balancing act: Lunch breaks make for a tasty...
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and nickels are...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- How will students pay for soaring debt?... 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 16
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- For women, lower grades might mean more... 2
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1