On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 25 states with the lowest levels of personal...
- 5 ways to save money, improve quality of life...
- Why you must teach your children about money
- Who’s the boss of your finances?
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals... 2
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 2