On The Money: Educate yourself on student loans
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
Student loans remain one of the best methods to help cover the cost of a higher education. But recent rule changes to the student loan rules, especially involving interest rates, can require more in-depth consideration before taking a loan. The Web offers a range of information about student loan programs. Here is a sampling:
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Spotlights the finer points of student loans and student finance, including loan types and budgeting tips, in pdf. form.
Contains information on different education funding avenues, both public and private.
Features a variety of resources on student loan
U.S. SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE
Offers overview of federal student loan programs
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Provides details about how to qualify and how to apply for federal student aid programs.
© 2013, McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- 15 actions families are taking today to make...
- Obama announces new birth control fixes for...
- How to pay off all your student debt with one...
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Vet who simulates homelessness for a month...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- How to eat on just $4 a day 7
- Obama announces new birth control fixes... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4