After nine months of investigation, District Attorney Sim Gill finally announced his findings about the killing of Danielle Willard by West Valley police officers. He found the shooting was not justified, which opens the flood gates of controversy within the law enforcement community.
This move by Sim Gill is long overdue and takes a great deal of administrative courage. There is a growing trend in law enforcement that in the interest of survival any furtive move in a confrontation is reason to shoot. Training and precaution are expected in police contacts. It is part of a dangerous job — but just like military combat, know your target and the need to pull the trigger.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26